Monday, January 28, 2008

Real FOOD!!!

Riley got to try real food for the first time! One afternoon he attacked my apple, and loved it. He made some really great faces as he explored the new taste and texture. Since he liked the apple so much this weekend we gave him some pears. He is doing great with the spoon, except for the times that I'm not going fast enough and he tries to shove it down his throat. Spoon feeding has moved us to a whole new phase of messy eating!



Things are going well in our house. I'm adjusting to life back at work, and Mckenna is doing a fabulous job watching both boys.
I loved the time I had off to spend with Riley and to get McKenna settled into Portland while Megan got back into the working life. We spent the mornings driving Megan to work, getting home to play, eat, and take a nap before heading over to the Daby's to meet up with Wilson and Kenna for the afternoon. One day, Kenna and I took the boys to the "Mommy Matinee" at the Kennedy School, Riley hardly slept and just enjoyed looking around at everyone and the movie. We also went to lunch a couple times, Riley now prefers to sit on my lap at the table and bang on the table while we eat. He is very curious when we eat and wants to join in the fun. We also went on a nice run together over to the Daby's one afternoon, Riley decided to sleep the entire run while I huffed and puffed as I'm horribly out of shape. In all, it was a great week, but it flew by and I would have loved to spend many more weeks at home with him. He's a joy.










1 comment:

Christy said...

Brendan,
It is so nice to read a post written by you. I'm happy that you and Riley had the opportunity for some male bonding time. He is looking so cute!
Love and miss you guys.
Love, Christy