Wednesday, September 12, 2007

3 weeks Old & So much going on!

It has been a busy week in the life of Riley. Here's a recap of all his activities last week:



His First friend was born-----Our dear friends Shana and Jon welcomed a healthy baby boy, just two weeks after Riley. We all thought that the Daby Baby would be Riley's girlfriend, but Wilson decided its best that they are just good buddies. I'm sure these two will get into their fair share of trouble together.







His Aunt and Uncle came to meet him from Minnesota. I think they also wanted to see what life was really like with a newborn, being that they will be having two in January! We are looking forward to the arrival of Riley's first cousins! We had a great time getting out and about Portland, and just hanging at home.










His First Sunday of Football-- Brendan was trying to teach him the rules of the game, but he had a hard time staying awake. Already a Vikes fan, and apparently their good luck charm. Now I just need to teach him the fight song and we'll be set!






Friends stopped in to meet the little one and to bring Mom & Dad dinner! We are so lucky to have such a wonderful group of friends to help us make the transition into parenthood easier!









And our moral support from down under......








Yesterday was his first Doctors Appointment. The Dr was impressed with how much he has grown. He now weighs 9 lb 2oz and is 21in long. A full inch since birth! He is developing a strawberry on his head, just like I had as a newborn. It will more than likely grow until his 1st birthday and then start to fade.



That was about it for last week. This week Brendan had to return to work, which was a bummer for all of us. I know he wishes he could be a stay at home dad for awhile. Next week Grandma and Grandpa Flynn come to visit. I know they can hardly wait to get out here and meet their first grandchild.

4 comments:

Christy said...

I love all the pictures- what a social little guy Riley is already. He totally has more of a social life than I do right now :) We'll see what Coach Sweany has to say about that nasty Viks. getup. xoxoxo
Christy

Anonymous said...

Kenny Brendan & Riley,

Kevin and I absolutely love that you have set up this blog. It is so much fun looking at all the pics of Riley. We are so so excited to meet your new addition!! Can't wait to see you guys.

Jinan

Sweany said...

Riley 'Jameson Guiness Kennifick' O'floin and Wilson 'quit singing that Phish song' Daby already look like a couple of trouble makers (or maybe it's just the guys holding them....:)

That poor kid is in for a lifetime of disappointment with that Vikes jersey on. I know I should have got him that one with picture of the white russian on it....

Thanks for including us in the 'friends holding our baby' pics - it makes me feel included :)

All the best from down under,
Sweany

Anonymous said...

He looks so adorable in that Vikings jersey! Unforunately I agree with what Andy said but no matter what, still cute. :) I realize by the time I got through all the pictures, I was grinning ear to ear. So happy for you guys!